Yes as the title of this new recipe post says.. this is a very quick fishy spaghetti dish!
Lately I’ve been so busy that when it is time to cook I feel desperate because: 1. It is already quite late – 2. I don’t feel like cooking – 3. I don’t want bread or sandwich or fast food (hell no no no no frozen pizza!).
So I’ve been forced to see what I have on my fridge or kitchen counters and just invent! Of course all this lack of time has been one major reason why I’ve neglected my blog, and of course, the recipes. So today it was so fast what I made, that I just simply couldn’t resist and ask in my personal Facebook wall if I should go back to the recipes. Positive answers, so here it is!
If you happen to be in a hurry, and you just have some spaghetti, some cans of tuna and by coincidence, canned herring and some feta cheese: go for it!
- 220gr dry spaghetti
- 2 cans (285gr) Tuna in water
- 1 can (200gr) Herring in Tomato sauce
- 5-6 green asparagus sticks
- 1/2 red or orange paprika
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 package of Feta cheese (or similar)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Salt, pepper, garlic to season
- Herbs to decorate & season
- Cook the spaghetti as usual. Place a small frying pan with a dash of olive oil on medium heat. Meanwhile, dice the cheese and reserve. Dice paprika and onion and reserve. Remove the bottom of your asparagus (2cm aprox.) and cut the rest in 2-3 cm pieces. Once the oil is hot, add your vegetables. Keep moving them until the asparagus are tender and remove from heat. Emtpy the excess of water in the tuna cans, and mix in a separate big bowl with the herring (sauce included). Mix until you get a somewhat homogeneous paste. Add your vegetables, cheese and mix. Season to taste, finish adding the spaghetti and mixing everything well. Serve and enjoy!